Sally's Insights - 10 Dot Points on How to Interview
I spend a lot of time with creatives on understanding how to best present themselves and their work in an interview.
I recently did a talk to a group of students and was asked to put forward 10 bullet points on how to go about the interview process.
I thought I would share them with you. They are in no specific order, but all equally important.
- Interview the interviewer (it’s important you understand the role and ask questions too).
- Be confident, not cocky.
- Have a plan when you meet them on how you want to show your work.
- Gauge the meeting to see if they are chatty, quiet, formal, informal and follow accordingly.
- Never forget it’s an interview.
- Research the company first.
- Communication – BE YOU!
- Don’t bore them, find something in common with them while chatting eg: a project they’ve done, footy team, picture of a pet on their desk.
- Be relevant.
- Be individual.
Share it around…